- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Macaulay Culkin is not pleased with the lousy video games that bear his likeness.
The Home Alone star recently dropped by the popular YouTube channel Cinemassacre to visit with James Rolfe, aka the Angry Video Game Nerd.
Both Home Alone and its sequel were massive hits, and among the plethora of merchandise created for the films were a number of video games for the hot systems at that time, including the Nintendo, Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.
Culkin, dressed as a pizza delivery boy in a callback to the first film, plays and reviews the games with Rolfe.
For the most part, the games are brutal. They are exceptionally difficult, with random tasks and characters that have nothing to do with the actual films. Culkin remarks a number of times that he doesn’t remember that ever happening to Kevin, getting more and more frustrated.
The nearly 20-minute video has some great gags and nods to the movies, but the big payoff is at the end when Culkin and Rolfe recreate the famous booby-trapping scenes from the films.
Culkin, who by choice was out of the spotlight for years, has been making more and more appearances on talk shows to promote his website and podcast, Bunny Ears.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day