- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rapper-turned-actor Colson Baker, who goes by the name Machine Gun Kelly, has joined the cast of the movie Nerve alongside Dave Franco and Emma Roberts.
It marks his second project with filmmakers Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman (best known for MTV’s Catfish) and producer Allison Shearmur (Cinderella, The Hunger Games) through her banner with producer Anthony Katagas. Their first collaboration, Dimension Films’ Viral, has yet to set a release date.
The latest entry on Colson’s screen resumé follows a role on Punk’s Dead: SLC Punk! 2, which is set to debut at Cannes Film Festival Market in June, as well as on the Cameron Crowe-J.J. Abrams pilot for Showtime, Roadies.
Nerve tells the story of a high school student who “finds herself immersed in an online game of truth of dare, where her every move starts to become manipulated by an anonymous community of ‘watchers,’ ” according to a synopsis on IMDB.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day