- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charles D. King’s Macro and Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine’s Beats have partnered for a film pitch competition for students and recent alumni from four historically black colleges and universities.
Current students or 2020/21 graduates of Atlanta’s Morehouse College, Spelman College, Clark Atlanta University and Morris Brown College can apply to the competition to pitch their passion film project to Hollywood executives. Applications are open from Aug. 16 to Sept. 7, with winners to be announced at the third annual Macro HBCU Entertainment Summit on Oct. 28.
One team will win the opportunity to attend the inaugural Beats Black Creators Summit later this year and attend the fifth annual Macro Lodge at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2022.
Macro most recently released Judas and the Black Messiah, which became the first best picture Oscar nominee from an all-Black producing team. Upcoming titles include the Netflix feature They Cloned Tyrone, starring John Boyega and Jamie Foxx.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day