- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mad Men’s Jared Harris has joined the 3D action-adventure film Pompeii.
Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, Pompeii is set in 79 A.D. and follows Milo (Game of Thrones‘ Kit Harington), a slave-turned-invincible gladiator who finds himself in a race against time to save his true love Flavia (Emily Browning), a wealthy merchant’s daughter who unwillingly has been betrothed to a corrupt Roman general.
Harris, repped by CAA and U.K.’s United Agents, will play Lucretius, Flavia’s father.
Anderson, who directed the $221 million worldwide-grossing Resident Evil: Retribution, also is producing with Impact Pictures partner Jeremy Bolt and Constantin’s Robert Kulzer. Martin Moszkowicz executive produces. Lee Batchler & Janet Scott Batchler, Julian Fellowes and Michael Robert Johnson co-wrote the screenplay.
Constantin Film is financing and producing the big-budget title, which does not yet have a domestic distribution deal.
Harris, who appeared in Steven Spielberg‘s Lincoln and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, next stars in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, The Quiet Ones, Paganini: The Devil’s Violinist and The Boxtrolls.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day