- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actress turned filmmaker Megan Park will write and direct the feature that centers on high schooler Vada (Ortega). She must navigate the emotional fallout she experiences in the wake of a school tragedy, after which relationships with her family, friends and view on the world are forever altered.
David Brown and Giulia Prenna will produce for Clear Horizon, along with Cara Shine Ballarini. Joannie Burstein and Rebecca Miller will produce for The Burstein Co., with Todd Lundbohm producing for 828 Media Capital.
Clear Horizon is selling worldwide rights, with 828 financing.
“Maddie is an exceptional talent, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to bring her on board. She will bring so much to the production,” says Brown, who launched Clear Horizon in 2018.
Ziegler’s onscreen breakout came as a performer in Sia’s music video “Chandelier.” She made her feature acting debut in The Book of Henry and will next be seen in Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story.
She is repped by WME, Rothman/Andres Entertainment and McKuin Frankel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day