- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen is in negotiations to play a villain in Marvel Studios’ Thor 2.
Mikkelsen, known to American audiences for playing bad guys in such movies as Casino Royale and Clash of the Titans, will join Tom Hiddleston as the antagonists in the sequel to the 2011 hit. Hiddleston is reprising his role of Loki, Norse god of mischief.
Much of the cast of the first film is returning, including Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, as well as the actors who play the Warriors Three.
Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones) is directing.
Marvel is plowing into the sequels for its marquee heroes, not resting on the laurels of its gargantuan global success of The Avengers. Iron Man 3 began shooting Wednesday in North Carolina. Sequels for Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor are in the midst of securing actors and directors.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day