- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film — due to begin shooting in April — is described as a “joyful and hilarious” journey of a group of riotous working-class women from Dublin, whose pilgrimage to Lourdes in France leads them to discover each other’s friendship and their own personal miracles.”
O’Sullivan (December Bride, Ordinary Decent Criminal, Into the Storm) will work from an original screenplay by Jimmy Smallhorne (2by4), Timothy Prager (Silent Witness, Two Thousand Acres of Sky) and Josh Maurer.
The film is being produced by Chris Curling (Falling, The Bookshop, The Last Station) of Zephyr Films and Maurer (Papillon, The Hoax) and Alixandre Witlin (Howards End, The Last Tycoon) of City Films Entertainment. James Flynn (Vikings, Penny Dreadful, Calvary, Becoming Jane) is an executive producer.
London-based banner Embankment raised the film’s full financing and has significantly pre-sold the film to international distributors, including Lionsgate UK.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day