- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Magnolia released the official U.S. trailer Friday for Marley, director Kevin Macdonald’s documentary about the iconic reggae artist. Bob Marley fans will be jammin’ as they get a first real look at the film’s in-depth portrait of the musician, told through the words of the people who knew him best.
Marley premiered earlier in the week at the Berlin Film Festival, where it drew strong praise from critics for its straightforward portrait of the artist’s life. Magnolia picked up the rights to the film just a day after Marley’s birthday, February 6, and plans to release the film on April 20, 2012, commemorating the appropriately semi-related date associated with smoking marijuana.
Macdonald’s previous work includes The Last King of Scotland and The Eagle, as well as the documentaries One Day in September and Touching the Void. Marley is the first fully authorized documentary about the life of Bob Marley, and his family members as well as his record label have offered their support as it advances towards its theatrical and VOD release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day