- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar-winning makeup artist Rick Baker (Men in Black) and Emmy and BAFTA-winning hairstylist Kathryn Blondell (The Wolf of Wall Street) will each receive a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards on Feb. 14 at the Paramount Theatre.
With seven Oscars, Baker holds the record for the most Academy Award wins and nominations bestowed upon any makeup artist in history. He received Academy Awards for American Werewolf in London, Harry and the Hendersons, Ed Wood, The Nutty Professor, Men in Black, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Wolfman.
Blondell holds an Emmy (Moonlighting) and a BAFTA (The Aviator), and she is the first woman to serve as governor of AMPAS’ Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists branch. Her credits also include Django Unchained, The Great Gatsby (2013), Cast Away, Prizzi’s Honor and Romancing the Stone.
“The bodies of work of Rick Baker as a make-up artist and Kathryn Blondell as a hair stylist are legendary, and we are proud to rank them among the best in the history of our profession,” said Susan Cabral-Ebert, president of IATSE Local 706.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day