- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Evil never looked so good.
The image shows Jolie looking upwards, wearing the sorceress’ signature horns, red lips and creepy glowing eyes.
The image was released with the announcement from Disney that filming has started on June 13 in the U.K.
Disney’s new film reveals the origins of one of their most famous villains, sharing the events that hardened Maleficent’s heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora in the 1959 classic Sleeping Beauty.
Jolie announced that Maleficent would be her next role back in February while at the Berlin International Film Festival.
“I haven’t acted in two years, and I haven’t done anything else since this [Land of Blood and Honey]. The next thing I am looking at is a Disney movie,” said the actress.
The film marks the directorial debut for Robert Stromberg, an Academy Award winning production designer (Avatar, Alice in Wonderland).
Elle Fanning stars as Aurora and Sharlto Copley is Stefan, the half-human and half-fairy bastard son of the human king. Juno Temple, Imelda Staunton and Lesley Manville play the three pixie fairies.
Fans will have quite a wait for Maleficent, which is set for release on March 14, 2014 in 3D.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day