- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I play a raven — I’m Angelina’s lackey, basically,” the 32-year-old actor said Thursday at a Peggy Siegal Company-hosted NYC screening of On the Road.
That’s not a bad gig?
“No, there are worse jobs,” he told The Hollywood Reporter, adding that Jolie’s make-up in the Disney Pictures’ film is “insane” but “she’s not Method. She’s very nice. She took me under her wing, so to speak. We had a great time.”
Jolie, 37, portrays the iconic Sleeping Beauty villain in the live-action origins story, which began filming over the summer. Directed by Robert Stromberg, the movie — slated for release in March 2014 — also stars Elle Fanning as Princess Aurora and several members of the Jolie-Pitt brood: Pax, 9, Zahara, 7, and Vivienne, 4.
Riley, who jokingly described his character Diaval as a “mird” (man-slash-bird), called Jolie “a consummate professional, so I admire that very much.”
Riley, meanwhile, will soon be seen in limited release Dec. 21 as Kerouac’s alter ego in the Walter Salles-directed On the Road, co-starring Kristen Stewart, Garrett Hedlund and Kirsten Dunst. Riley’s other credits include 2007’s Control, in which he portrayed Joy Division’s Ian Curtis, and the Saoirse Ronan-starring vampire thriller Byzantium.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day