- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vertical Entertainment, which released Molly Shannon’s cancer comedy Other People, has picked up the North American rights to Malicious, a horror thriller from writer-director Michael Winnick.
Bojana Novakovic (who appears in I, Tonya), Josh Stewart, Melissa Bolona, Yvette Yates and Delroy Lindo star in the movie, which Vertical aims to release in theaters in the summer. AMP Films is selling the international rights to the film during the Berlin International Film Festival and market.
The movie tells the story of a young newlywed (Novakovic) who suffers a traumatic event, then finds herself haunted — and connected — to a malicious entity with murderous intentions.
“This shocking horror will make any parent or future parent shiver in fear,” said Vertical co-president Rich Goldberg in a statement.
“The fear and the fragility of having a newborn weighs on every couple, and in Malicious, those terrors are heightened in unexpected ways,” said executive producer Shaun Redick.
The movie was produced by Brett Forbes and Patrick Rizzotti. Exec producers include Redick and Yvette Yates of Impossible Dream Entertainment, Ali Jazayeri, Kevin Alexander Heard, Viviana Zarragoitia and Raymond Mansfield.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Locarno Film Festival
We Cry Together