- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Henrie, known for Wizards of Waverly Place and playing the son on How I Met Your Mother, has joined Sony’s comedy sequel Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.
The film will reunite Henrie with star Kevin James, who both star in the upcoming film Little Boy, which is set for release in June.
The sequel, which will be directed by Andy Fickman, follows James’ Paul Blart who attends a security guard expo in Las Vegas with his daughter. Despite being teased by casino security and other attendees, Blart takes on a group of dangerous art thieves.
Henrie, 24, will play Lane, a valet attendant who meets Blart’s daughter (Raini Rodriguez) and develops a crush on her.
A Happy Madison Production, Mall Cop 2 is being produced by Todd Garner, James and Adam Sandler. The pic is slated to film in Las Vegas in April.
Henrie’s upcoming projects include WWII drama Little Boy and sports drama 1000 to 1. He recently wrapped production on the Walt Disney biopic Walt Before Mickey.
Henrie also made his directorial debut with the short film Catch, which is making rounds on the festival circuit. He’s repped by ICM and Untitled Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day