- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s hard to tell which is more startling: the terrified little children, the demon that follows them, or Jessica Chastain‘s new hair style.
The actress is returning to movie screens after an unprecedented breakout year in 2011, which resulted in an Oscar nomination for her role in The Help. After a turn in Lawless, the natural red head will feature in Kathryn Bigelow‘s Zero Dark Thirty in December, and in director Andy Muschietti‘s upcoming horror flick, she dons a close cropped, jet black head of hair to play an aunt to two haunted little girls.
The premise: two young girls escaped into the woods the day their parents died, and five years later, they’re found, quite feral, and taken in by Chastian and her husband. She tries to raise them as her own, but there is a third house guest that makes an unexpected visit (hint: that’s the demon).
The film hits theaters in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day