- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Looks like Bruce Wayne just couldn’t help himself during the European sojourn he took at the end of The Dark Knight Rises.
British outlets are reporting that a man dressed as Batman appeared at a Bradford, England, police station in the wee hours of Feb. 25 with a criminal in tow. The offender was charged with fraud and handling stolen goods, but before police could find out the identity of the masked vigilante, he had disappeared into the night.
“The person who brought the wanted man into the station was dressed in a full Batman outfit,” a police spokesperson from West Yorkshire said. “His identity, however, remains unknown.”
The costume was reminiscent of the 1960s-era Adam West Batman suit, not the newer and more high-tech editions. A costume-store employee in the northern English city thinks she sold the suit to the mystery man in question.
“Usually they want the Dark Knight costume, but he wanted this one,” Kathryn Sutcliffe told the BBC. “He wanted the one with the muscle-y chest as well.”
The man — whom she described as tall, blond and in his 20s — paid with a credit card, but Sutcliffe says she’ll keep his identity a secret.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day