- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cavill, the first non-American to portray the superhero, has gotten an updated look for his role in the Zack Snyder-directed movie.
The new look ditches Superman’s iconic red underpants, worn over a skintight blue suit.
“Why wear underpants when you can be far more revealing?” Cavill quipped.
Replied Leno: “I never got the underpants outside of the clothes anyway. … Whatever thing you had of Superman, you lose with the underpants outside the clothes, basically.”
Man of Steel is in production for a 2013 release.
Meanwhile, Cavill — who was recently featured as one of The Hollywood Reporter’s Next Gen Class of 2011 — next appears on the big screen in Immortals opposite Mickey Rourke and Freida Pinto. The Greek gods action film, which premiered Monday night at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, opens Friday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day