- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A man in his 40s, reportedly a crewmember, was stabbed Wednesday on the set of the Anne Hathaway film The Witches.
The attack took place at one of Warner Bros. Studios’ stages in Leavesden, Hertfordshire, in England, police said.
The Hertfordshire Constabulary said in a statement that the victim sustained a “small” neck injury and was taken to a hospital by ambulance. He was released after treatment.
The alleged perpetrator, a 54-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm. He has since been released on bond and is due back in court July 17, police said.
It is believed the men know each other, but their relationship is unclear. The investigation is ongoing.
Warner Bros. said the incident was a police matter and declined comment.
It is unclear if Hathaway was anywhere around the incident. A rep for the actress did not respond to a request for comment.
Hathaway is playing the Grand High Witch in Robert Zemeckis’ remake of the 1990 movie The Witches, which was based on late author Roald Dahl’s 1983 children’s book of the same name.
June 20, 6:13 a.m.: Updated with a few more details from police.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day