- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jack Huston is starring as the Jewish prince who is betrayed into slavery by his onetime friend, Messala, played by Toby Kebbell. He fights his way to freedom and vengeance, with a couple of chariot races thrown in for good measure. Morgan Freeman is also on board as the man who teaches Ben-Hur how to win at chariot racing.
Zurer would play Judah Ben-Hur’s (Huston) mother, Naomi.
Timur Bekmambetov is directing the movie, which is both a remake of the Charlton Heston-starring 1959 movie (which won 11 Oscars) and an adaptation of the Lew Wallace novel Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ, published in 1880. For the remake, Keith Clarke wrote the script with a rewrite by John Ridley.
The team behind hit miniseries The Bible, Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, are on board as producer and executive producer, respectively. Sean Daniel and Joni Levin are also producing while Ridley, Clarke and Jason F. Brown are executive producing.
Zurer is an Israeli actress whose recent roles have included Angels & Demons and Man of Steel. She’s finished work on Last Days in the Desert with Ewan McGregor and, on the TV side, most recently appeared on Rake. She’ll next be seen in Marvel and Netflix’s Daredevil, planned to debut next year. She’s repped by Paradigm and Sloane Offer
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day