- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Superman has a brand-new costume and thanks to newly released images from the set of Man of Steel, fans are getting their first chance to study it in detail.
The new costume, worn by actor Henry Cavill, appears to be keeping in line with the revised version of the character soon to be seen in DC Comics’ reboots of the Action Comics and Superman series next month. The red briefs and yellow belt are gone; replaced by blue briefs. And from the looks of the photos, the omnipresent red cape is now optional.
A previous photo of the Man of Steel was released earlier in August, but the image was dim and moody and didn’t give fans a sense of what the costume would look like in action.
Warner Bros.’ Superman reboot began filming outside of Chicago in early August and since then, several photos from the set — turning Plano, Illinois into Smallville — have been posted on a fan Facebook page.
[A previous verison of this post misidentified the fan Facebook page as the official Facebook page.]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day