- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Although both clips feature the same footage, two different monologues highlight advice given to Kal-El/ Clark Kent by his fathers on Krypton and Earth. In the clip that premiered on Yahoo, Kevin Costner, who plays Jonathan Kent, performs the voiceover. In the one that debuted on MSN, Russell Crowe speaks as Jor-El.
Man of Steel is Warners’ latest attempt to bring Superman to the big screen. The studio enlisted writer-director Bryan Singer to make Superman Returns in 2006, and the film performed well at the box office but received mixed reviews. After his success with the Batman franchise, Warners hired Christopher Nolan to executive produce a new version of the superhero, and then recruited Watchmen and 300 filmmaker Snyder to direct it.
The clips feature only one shot of Superman in action – he breaks the sound barrier as he rockets into the sky – while the rest of the clip hints at a different kind of story about the character than audiences have seen. In particular, the footage seems to focus on Kal-El/ Clark’s evolution and upbringing on Earth, and features a montage of beautiful, dreamlike images celebrating the beauty of the planet.
Watch the two teaser trailers below. Man of Steel is being released on June 14, 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards