- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christopher Denham, one of the stars of WGN’s atom bomb drama Manhattan, has joined the cast of Money Monster, TriStar’s financial thriller being directed by Jodie Foster.
George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Unbroken star Jack O’Connell, Outlander star Caitriona Balfe are already on board the thriller, which unfolds in real time.
Clooney is playing Lee Gates, a bombastic television stock huckster, whose program — Money Monster — and life are taken hostage by an outraged gunman (O’Connell). As much of the world watches live, Gates must keep himself alive and, with help from the woman who produces the show (Roberts), uncover the truth behind a tangle of big-money lies.
Denham will play a producer who works with Gates.
The actor, who occasionally forays into writing and directing (he was behind the horror thriller Preservation, which premiered at last year’s Tribeca Film Festival), will be returning for season two of Manhattan.
Among Denham’s other credits are Argo and Sound of My Voice.
He is repped by UTA and Authentic Talent & Literary Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day