- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Key & Peele exec producers Jay Martel and Ian Roberts are writing the script while Jimmy Miller of Mosaic is also coming on board to produce.
Manimal followed Dr. Jonathan Chase, a wealthy doctor with a mysterious past who morphed into animals in order to help the police fight crime. Simon MacCorkindale and Melody Anderson were the stars.
The show was lambasted by critics and lasted only eight episodes, airing opposite Dallas in 1983. But it did develop a cult following.
Said McKay: “Like The Catcher in the Rye or The Sound and the Fury, Manimal has always been one of those elusive projects every producer dreams of taking to the silver screen. I know the movie will be funny and entertaining but will it be the first film to win a Pulitzer? We’ll just have to see.”
Martel and Roberts worked with Ferrell and McKay on Warners’ upcoming comedy Get Hard, which stars Ferrell and Kevin Hart.
SPA president of production Michelle Raimo Kouyate and senior vp Michael Lachance are overseeing the project.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
David O. Russell
the banshees of inisherin