- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hamilton creator also announced the casting of Anthony on his Twitter account. “Okay I actually can’t hold it in anymore. Sonny’s father will be played by @MarcAnthony. It’s a brief but pivotal role. …And I still can’t believe it,” Miranda wrote.
Set in New York’s Washington Heights, the pic, to be directed by John M. Chu, will center on a bodega owner who has mixed feelings about closing his store and retiring to the Dominican Republic after inheriting his grandmother’s fortune.
Broadway star Daphne Rubin-Vega, Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), Dascha Polanco (Orange Is the New Black), Anthony Ramos and Corey Hawkins are also set to star in the film.
Miranda is producing along with Hudes, Scott Sanders, Anthony Bregman and Mara Jacobs. David Nicksay is executive producing with Jill Furman, Kevin McCollum and Jeffrey Seller.
Warner Bros. is behind the project and plans a June 26, 2020, release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day