- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Marcus Theatres chain will be adding 17 premium large-format (PLF) auditoriums across 11 locations.
The new UltraScreens and SuperScreens will be located at theaters in Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska and Iowa.
The new additions mean Marcus’ total PLF count will increase to 42 screens at more than 61 percent of company-owned, first-run locations.
The screens are set to open by mid-December, just in time for the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
“Our aggressive timeline to open these new screens will enable more fans to experience Star Wars and other upcoming blockbusters in the way they are meant to be viewed — on a bigger screen with enhanced sound and increased comforts and conveniences,” said Marcus Theatres president-CEO Rolando B. Rodriguez.
Rodriguez said the company has invested more than $100 million in the renovations.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day