- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hulu and American High have rounded out the cast for its next high school comedy, Sex Appeal.
Margaret Cho, Fortune Feimster and Paris Jackson have joined the feature, which is currently filming in Syracuse, along with Skai Jackson and Russian Doll actress Rebecca Henderson.
Mika Abdalla (Netflix’s Project Mc2) and Jake Short (Hulu’s All Night) will lead the movie that follows over-achiever Avery Hansen-White, as her long-distance boyfriend hints at wanting to take their relationship to the next level at the upcoming STEM conference (“nerd prom”). As she sets out to master her sexuality and study the mechanics of love, she realizes that relationships require less science and more heart.
Talia Osteen will direct from a script by Superstore writer Tate Hanyok.
Jeremy Garelick, Will Phelps and Ryan Bennett will produce for American High, which has previously partnered with the streaming service on Big Time Adolescence, The Binge and The Ultimate Playlist of Noise.
Also producing is Mark Fasano and Tobias Weymar for Nickel City, and Kendrick Tan for Lit Entertainment. Hanyok will executive produce.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day