- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie is currently in production with Isabela Merced, Adria Arjona, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo and Justin Bartha, among others.
Cinematographer Brian Andrew Mendoza is making his directorial debut on the picture that is being produced by Brad Peyton and Jeff Fierson via ASAP Entertainment. Momoa, Mendoza and Martin Kistler are also producing.
(The movie reunites Mendoza with Momoa, as he served as the DP on the actor’s action movie Braven. Sweet Girl is also reteaming Momoa with Peyton and Fierson, producers on his recent drama series Frontier.)
The story sees Momoa play a devastated husband who vows to find the people responsible for the murder of his wife while protecting what he has left, his daughter (Merced).
Tomei will play a U.S. senator.
The actress, who has been thrice nominated for an Oscar, winning one, recently completed a run on Broadway for The Rose Tattoo and wrapped production on Judd Apatow’s untitled Pete Davidson movie. She also appeared with Isabelle Huppert in Frankie, which premiered at the 2019 Canes Film Festival.
Tomei is repped by UTA, Untitled and Paul Hastings.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day