- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Hamill is helping bring a viral hit to the screen.
The Star Wars actor will star opposite comedian Bert Kreischer in The Machine, Legendary’s adaptation of the popular story Kreischer told onstage about getting involved with the Russian mob while studying abroad in college. Peter Atencio, known for Key & Peele and Keanu, is directing.
Kreischer’s 2016 story has been viewed more than 85 million times, according to Legendary. The film is inspired by the stand-up routine and sees the events of the story catch up with the comedian 20 years later when he and his father (Hamill) get kidnapped by the people Kreischer wronged. The film is described as The Hangover meets Midnight Run and will film in Serbia. Kreischer and Judi Marmel are producing.
Hamill, best known for his work as Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars galaxy, can currently be heard as a voice in Amazon’s Invincible. He is repped by The Gersh Agency and Kleinberg Lange Cuddy & Carlo. Kreischer is repped by Levity Live, UTA and Jeff Endlich.
April 13, 3 p.m. Updated to note Peter Atencio is directing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown