- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Hamill does a really good Darth Vader voice, because of course he does.
The Star Wars star and talented voice actor showed off another character while pranking Star Wars fans all in the name of charity: an ongoing Omaze campaign in partnership with Lucasfilm and Star Wars: Force for Change, celebrating the 40th anniversary of A New Hope.
In the video posted Wednesday, Hamill surprised a few superfans who believed they were re-creating various scenes from the original trilogy and The Force Awakens that would be part of a mega video for the anniversary. But they didn’t know Luke Skywalker himself was in the house and and playing opposite them.
Needless to say, all of the participants are floored when Hamill makes himself known.
The reactions are fun, but Hamill’s Vader voice is also noteworthy. There is definitely a twinge of his film father’s timbre in there.
Fans can make donations at omaze.com/starwars. Chance prizes include a flight out to Los Angeles to meet and have lunch with Hamill or an exclusive prescreening of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day