- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Hamill on Saturday reassured fans that social media reports of his death were premature — but the actor managed to jump-start some hearts in the process.
The Star Wars icon posted that he was alive and well with a little joke: “HAMILL DIES: Much of Nation Mourns GOP: Meh #DontRushMe.”
Hamill has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump and the GOP.
The news from the Luke Skywalker actor was a relief — once Twitter users understood what was going on, because along with the tweet, Hamill included a picture of himself with his birth year and death year.
Those who only looked at the picture went into an instant panic. Numerous users replied to the post, telling the actor he had scared the hell of out of them.
Hamill recently starred in the latest Star Wars installment, The Last Jedi, in which many critics and fans said he gave his best performance yet as the beloved sci-fi hero.
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 17, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day