- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The iconic actor, who loves to troll fans for lighthearted fun, tweeted a tease to his more than 3 million followers.
“Mystery of who’s laughing at the end of the trailer: SOLVED. #JediJoker,” Hamill tweeted, along with a picture of Joker dressed as Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi.
Hamill has voiced the Joker for years, both on the Batman animated series and in numerous video games.
The first trailer for the highly anticipated Rise of Skywalker dropped Friday. As of 9 a.m. Saturday, it had more than 13 million views on the Star Wars YouTube channel alone.
In the spot, which is a tad more than two minutes long, it sounds like Emperor Palpatine is laughing in the end, which has led fans to speculate the character will appear in J.J. Abrams’ film closing out the Skywalker saga.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is set open Dec. 20.
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) April 13, 2019
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival