- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Mark Hamill was stunned to learn that the jacket worn by Harrison Ford in The Empire Strikes Back will likely go for more than $1 million at auction this fall — and he wanted to get in on the action.
Dropping by Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Thursday, the Star Wars icon attempted to sell a pair of bright-colored capri pants Hamill swore he wore in two of the sci-fi franchise’s films.
Kimmel, not buying it, asked for proof, to which Hamill showed doctored pictures of Luke Skywalker wearing the pants in Empire and Return of the Jedi.
Hamill was only asking for $100,000, which he argued was a bargain compared to other Star Wars memorabilia on sale.
“I think the price is a little steep,” Kimmel told Hamill, to which the actor responded by cutting the price in half and throwing in a Chewbacca hairball.
Production on the upcoming Star Wars installment, directed by J.J. Abrams, began this week. Hamill will return as Luke Skywalker one final time.
Watch Hamill try to hock his pants above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day