- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Hamill does not have a bad feeling about Amy Schumer‘s recent GQ photoshoot.
Trainwreck star Schumer channels Star Wars in the magazine’s latest issue, wearing a Princess Leia bikini and sucking on C3-PO’s finger in one pic, while sharing a postcoital cigarette with C3 and R2-D2 in another. The photos earned the ire of Lucasfilm, with the company tweeting Thursday that it did not “participate in or condone the inappropriate use of our characters in this manner.”
Now, Luke Skywalker himself is weighing in on the images. On Saturday, Mark Hamill tweeted his apparent approval of Schumer’s shoot.
“Got excited when I saw @amyschumer @GQMagazine pics & thought she was just cast in Ep 8!” Hamill wrote. “We should be so lucky.”
Hamill appears in the highly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens, hitting theaters Dec. 18. His tweet can be seen below.
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) July 18, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day