- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The iconic sci-fi actor — who has more than four million followers on Twitter — has been a staunch critic of Donald Trump for years. Leading up to the election, both he and Harrison Ford did separate spots for the Lincoln Project in an attempt to dissuade would-be Trump voters. Hamill also did an official campaign ad for Biden.
On Saturday, after the election was called by numerous news outlets for Biden, Hamill shared a few tweets but one, in particular, really made a splash.
Hamill posted a picture featuring three posters with the titles of the original Star Wars trilogy. The New Hope poster featured a picture of Barack Obama, the Empire Strikes Back poster featured Trump and the Return of the Jedi poster featured Biden. Hamill wrote, “#BestEpisode_EVER.”
As of 4:30 p.m., the tweet had been shared more than 84,000 times and had more than 333,000 likes.
Right after the election was called for Biden Saturday morning, Hamill tweeted, “At long last, our 4-year national nightmare is over & @SteveKornacki can finally get some sleep.”
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) November 7, 2020
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day