- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Entertainment One has promoted Mark Slone to executive vp theatrical distribution, overseeing all Canadian acquisition and theatrical teams.
The move comes as the Canadian distributor continues to shake up its international film distribution efforts under Harold van Lier‘s international sales unit and Xavier Marchand‘s production division to secure multiterritory deals for Canadian films.
Slone, most recently senior vp acquisition, boarded eOne in 2013 as it acquired Alliance Films.
His promotion follows David Reckziegel, head of eOne’s North American film business, leaving the Canadian producer and distributor at the end of May to launch his own media financing venture.
Canada’s largest indie film distributor in April also launched Seville International as an indie sales division of eOne Films International, to be headed up by Anick Poirier.
Based in Toronto, Slone will report to eOne Films Canada president Bryan Gliserman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day