- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Doctor Strange has found his manservant.
Benedict Wong has been cast as Wong, the good doctor’s trusty sidekick in Marvel’s Doctor Strange.
Benedict Cumberbatch is starring as Marvel’s Sorcerer Supreme in the movie that currently is in production and heading toward a Nov. 4 release date.
Wong, the character, is a Marvel mainstay, having been around since the 1960s. He performs healing duties, assists in occult matters, is knowledgeable in martial arts and tends to Strange’s affairs. Among his functions is to look after Strange’s body when the hero is astral projecting himself into other dimensional planes.
Wong, the actor, joins Rachel McAdams, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Mads Mikkelsen, among others, on the roll call.
Wong did some scene-stealing work when he played a Jet Propulsion Laboratory director in Ridley Scott’s Oscar-nominated The Martian, and he stars as Kublai Khan on Netflix’s costume drama Marco Polo. Other credits include Prometheus and Kick-Ass 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Top Gun: Maverick