- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Martin Scorsese is set to join Robert de Niro at the Marrakech Film Festival, where the legendary director will help launch a new master class series at the winter festival.
Scorsese will be one of the headliners of the new “Conversation With” series, along with Cannes Film Festival head Thierry Fremaux, directors Guillermo Del Toro, Cristian Mungiu, Agnes Varda and Yousry Nasrallah. De Niro will also be a part of the series during the weeklong festival, which is returning after a year’s hiatus to revamp.
De Niro is set for a career honor and will take part in the talk series as well.
“I’m so happy to be on my way back to Morocco, a country I feel very close to, and to be taking part in another edition of the Marrakech Film Festival. I’m looking forward to catching up with old friends, making some new ones, and seeing some movies at a film festival that will always be close to my heart,” said Scorsese. The director has a long love of the country, having filmed The Last Temptation of Christ and Kundun in the country. He served as president of the jury in 2013.
As previously announced, James Gray will head this year’s jury, and Robin Wright is also set for a career honor.
The Marrakech Film Festival will take place Nov. 30 to Dec. 8.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day