- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Martin Sheen is in final negotiations to play Uncle Ben in Columbia’s new Spider-Man movie.
In Spider-Man lore, Uncle Ben, along with Aunt May, is responsible for bringing up Peter Parker. His death at the hands of a burglar is the key event that turns Parker, who until then was using his newfound super-powers for personal gain, to step onto the path of heroism.
Sheen will join a cast that includes Andrew Garfield as Peter, Emma Stone as love interest Gwen Stacy and Rhys Ifans as the movie’s unnamed villain. (Sally Field is in early talks to play Aunt May.)
The movie, under the direction of Marc Webb, is heading for a December start.
Sheen, repped by ICM, last appeared in Love Happens, the romantic drama starring Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart. He stars in The Way, directed by son Emilio Estevez, which is selling at AFM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day