- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apparently, Robert Downey Jr. has everything he could ever want, from A to … well, he definitely has the “A” part covered.
“On the last Avengers, there’s this scene where there’s this ‘A’ which is probably 30 feet tall, and I’m looking at it, and we’re shooting in England, and I go, ‘I need that in my office in Venice,’ ” Downey said.
“About two weeks ago, a wheeler showed up, I’m like, ‘What the heck is this doing here?’ ” he said. “And they go, ‘This is the ‘A’ you asked for.’ And I go, ‘They brought it?’ So now we have a massive Avengers ‘A’ that will be prominently placed.”
Downey was clearly well-compensated for the film, and not just in ridiculously oversized letters of the alphabet. The actor, who is in talks to appear in Captain America 3, has confirmed he earned $50 million for The Avengers.
We hope Ben Affleck isn’t reading this story, given that Warner Bros. wasn’t too keen on him taking home the Batman v. Superman prop of his choosing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day