- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s not all life-threatening dramas and status-quo altering event series for Marvel Comics in 2014. There will also be at least one happy occasion in store, with the publisher promising that Deadpool will be tying the knot this year.
“The honest answer is that it was written into a Deadpool story, but more or less as a gag, and Jordan D. White, the editor, was like a dog with a bone. He was like, ‘No, no, no — this is going to be a big deal,’ ” explained Deadpool co-writer Gerry Duggan in an interview with Nerdist, which broke the news of the wedding this morning.
“Yes, this is a knee-jerk reaction from a wounded guy to go out there and sort of do something crazy to sort of jump-start a life, but there is a real emotional reason for doing it, so I think that will be the part that will resonate,” he continued, although he admitted that he wasn’t “100% sure” how long Deadpool’s as-yet-unnamed wife will stay in the series. “When you get close to Deadpool, that’s maybe when I start to think about adding you in my deadpool,” he said.
Deadpool #27, co-written by Duggan and Brian Posehn, will be released in April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day