- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marvel Entertainment is continuing to throw its publishing weight behind its Inhumans property ahead of the Marvel Studios movie, scheduled for release in 2019, with Wednesday’s announcement of a new comic book series focusing on the concept — the sixth Inhumans series to launch as part of the All-New, All-Different Marvel publishing relaunch.
All-New Inhumans will be co-written by Charles Soule, writer of the September-launching Uncanny Inhumans, and James Asmus, with art by Stefano Caselli, and will focus on a “diplomatic mission/covert strike team” led by former Avengers and Fantastic Four supporting character Crystal.
“Our stories, at first, will be a little smaller in scope, with deeply personal consequences for the characters,” Asmus told Marvel.com. “But we’re building up a cast and a portrait of the new Inhuman world that will soon have to go toe-to-toe with Marvel’s big boys in a very high-stakes way.”
The series will join Uncanny Inhumans, Ms. Marvel, Karnak, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur and Uncanny Avengers as Inhumans-focused series in the Marvel publishing lineup ahead of the 2019 movie, despite the low-selling nature of the previous series promoting the concept, Inhuman, which ended in April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day