- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, directed by Peyton Reed, began principal photography on Monday in San Francisco. It stars Paul Rudd as its title character, a superhero who can shrink while increasing in strength, with Michael Douglas as his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, and Evangeline Lilly as Pym’s daughter.
Corey Stoll (The Strain, House of Cards) previously joined the film as the villain Yellowjacket. Other new additions include Abby Ryder Fortson, Wood Harris and Gregg Turkington.
The film is produced by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, with Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo and Stan Lee executive producing. Reed — who replaced Edgar Wright in the director’s chair in June — is shooting from a script by Adam McKay, Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari.
Ant-Man is scheduled for a July 17, 2015, release. It’s one of several films on Marvel’s busy release schedule for the next few years, with Avengers: Age of Ultron on May 1, 2015, Captain America 3 on May 6, 2016, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on July 28, 2017, as well as several untitled releases.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day