- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Doctor is in.
The first look at Benedict Cumberbatch’s version of Doctor Strange, Marvel’s Sorcerer Supreme, has been released via Entertainment Weekly, and fans of the character can rest assured that he’s staying very faithful to co-creator Steve Ditko’s original character design — all the way down to the Eye of Agamotto.
EW also shared concept art from the movie, currently in production with Scott Derrickson directing, showcasing the Doctor’s Sanctum Sanctorum headquarters, and a tease of the surreal visuals the movie will use to bring the comic book magic to life.
“When this comic appeared in the early ’60s, it really informed, in a way that is pretty amazing, a lot of the psychedelic ’60s as we know it. I don’t know that they were doing anything weird in the bullpen in Marvel, but certainly the stuff they were doing inspired all those people who were doing mind-expansion experiments at the time,” Marvel President Kevin Feige tells the magazine. “That’s our mission statement for the visual effects on this movie.”
— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) December 28, 2015
Doctor Strange will be released Nov. 4, 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day