- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A preview of the first issue of Marvel’s upcoming Star Wars: Darth Vader comic book has revealed that the Dark Lord of the Sith won’t be the only familiar face to be found in the new series. For everyone who ever wanted to see Vader face off against the original trilogy’s other main villain, prepare to get excited.
Preview pages released on Marvel.com show Vader in the palace of Jabba the Hutt, as seen in 1983’s Return of the Jedi. In addition to Jabba and Vader, the artwork by Salvador Larocca is filled with a lot of background characters from the first three Star Wars movies whose identities are well-known to fans (in large part because of their Kenner action figures; I know that I certainly had a Bib Fortuna and Max Rebo back in the day).
The pages are lacking dialogue from series writer Kieron Gillen, so it’s not clear just why Darth Vader is paying a visit to Tatooine’s premiere gangster, but given that the series takes place between the original Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, what are the odds that we’re seeing Vader hire the bounty hunters who’ll eventually show up on a Star Destroyer in Empire?
Star Wars: Darth Vader launches in Feb. 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day