- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s a late holiday gift, but Empire magazine has released the two covers of its February-dated issue, giving fans a good look at Captain America’s new uniform from next year’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier — as well as the first chance to see what Sebastian Stan looks like as the titular Winter Soldier.
As seen in the movie’s trailer, Cap’s new movie uniform is adapted from the “Super Soldier” costume the character wore during the brief period where he was running S.H.I.E.L.D. and not fighting crime as Captain America a few years back — a costume now worn in the comic books by Nick Fury, so perhaps Samuel L. Jackson should be paying attention.
Meanwhile, Stan’s Winter Soldier look is surprisingly faithful to the comic book visual designed by artist Steve Epting — even down to the cybernetic arm, complete with Russian Red Star on the shoulder.
Empire’s February issue will be released Dec. 31. Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be released April 4, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day