- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – The Montreal World Film Festival has hired veteran sales agent Massimo Saidel to beef up its film market at its upcoming 38th edition in August.
Saidel will revamp the Montreal International Film Market this year as a special adviser, reporting to market director Gille Beriault.
He will also become an exclusive adviser to the Montreal festival in 2015 after Saidel ends his advisory duties at the Rome Film Market after its 2014 edition.
Saidel’s challenge will be to lure international film buyers and sellers to a Montreal festival in a crowded time slot, up against the Venice, Telluride and Toronto festivals taking place around the same time.
“Mr. Saidel has an impressive track record as a sales agent of films on the international scene and has dealt with many of the most prominent producers and distributors on both sides of the Atlantic,” MWFF president Serge Losique said in a statement Friday.
The Montreal World Film Festival is set to run from August 21 to September 1, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day