- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Matrix fans are getting a tiny bit more insight into the upcoming film thanks to Neil Patrick Harris.
Harris on Tuesday stopped by SiriusXM’s The Jess Cagle Show to talk about a number of topics, including the highly anticipated fourth film in the series, which is currently back in production in Berlin after a pause because of the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Discussing writer-director Lana Wachowski, Harris, who plays an unknown “small part” in the film, told show co-host, Julia Cunningham, “I think she has a great inclusive energy and her style has shifted visually from what she had done to what she is currently doing.”
He did not go into great detail about what that shift entails, but he did mention Matrix 4 will be “ambitious” and feature wirework, which the first film helped to revolutionize.
“I’ve always wanted to be a lead in a big giant action movie with wires and stuff,” Harris said. “And this is not bad for me, but it’s certainly tangential and fun for me to be able to play in the sandbox a little bit.”
Warner Bros. pushed the release of Matrix 4 back from its original May 21, 2021, date to April 1, 2022, after the COVID-19 delay.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day