- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Straight Outta Compton producer Matt Alvarez has exited his post at Relativity to serve as an in-house producer at Broad Green Pictures.
Alvarez previously served as a Cube Vision executive and produced the Ride Along franchise alone with Straight Outta Compton. He joined Relativity as executive vp production and president of the company’s multicultural division in 2014.
“We have long admired Matt’s movies and incredible eye for material, and we are thrilled to partner with him,” said a statement from Gabriel Hammond, CEO of Broad Green Pictures, and Daniel Hammond, the studio’s chief creative officer. “Matt is a producer people love working with — we’re so excited to have him join the Broad Green family and cannot wait for him to do what he does best — make entertaining and original films for audiences everywhere!”
Alvarez started his career at New Line Cinema/Fine Line Features, where he worked on such films as Jackie Chan’s Rumble in the Bronx and Woody Allen’s Deconstructing Harry.
Alvarez’s exit comes on the heels of Relativity’s bankruptcy and the exit of several high-level executives. It was recently announced that Tucker Tooley is stepping down as Relativity president, following a 30-day transition period.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day