- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, which will be directed by Short Term 12 helmer Destin Daniel Cretton, is an adaptation of Jeannette Walls’ 2005 memoir.
The comedy-drama follows a successful young woman who was raised by dysfunctional and nonconformist parents. Her world is shaken up when they move to New York to be near her.
Woody Harrelson will play the alcoholic father while Naomi Watts already is attached to play the eccentric artist mother. Greenfield will play Larson’s character’s husband.
Marti Noxon wrote the first draft of the script with Cretton and Andrew Lanham writing subsequent drafts. Filming is expected to begin in June, and Gil Netter and Erik Feig are producing.
Greenfield has starred on Fox’s hit comedy New Girl as Schmidt since 2011. His previous film credits include Veronica Mars, the Oscar-nominated The Big Short and Hello, My Name is Doris, starring Sally Field. He’s repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day