- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Twentieth Century Fox on Sunday night released the trailer for Maze Runner: The Death Cure, the third and final film in the YA action-adventure franchise.
Dylan O’Brien returns as Thomas, who this time leads his group of escaped Gladers on their final and most dangerous mission yet.
To save their friends, they must break into the legendary Last City, a WCKD-controlled labyrinth that may turn out to be the deadliest maze of all. Anyone who makes it out alive will get answers to the questions the Gladers have been asking since they first arrived in the maze.
Wes Ball directed the movie, which hits theaters Jan. 26, 2018.
Production was shut down on the film, and the release date was delayed, after O’Brien was seriously injured in an accident on set last year. The movie was originally set to open Feb. 17, 2017.
The first Maze Runner film, released Sept. 19, 2014, grossed $348.32 million at the global box office on a $34 million budget. The sequel, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, which opened in the same window a year later, on Sept. 18, 2015, made $312.33 million at the worldwide box office on a $61 million budget.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day