- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
McG has won the contest for the gig to direct Ouija for Universal and is now in negotiations.
The studio’s planned film adaptation of the classic Hasbro board game about conjuring up spirits of the dead has had a tough go at finding a director but before the town shut down for the holidays, Heat Vision reported that McG presented Universal execs his vision for the project, which has a script by Tron: Legacy writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and is being produced by Michael Bay‘s Platinum Dunes.
He was vying for the gig against The Crazies director Breck Eisner, who pitched his take on the material the week before.
Plot details are kept under wraps although it’s described as a four-quadrant supernatural adventure centering around a family, with influences from The Mummy and Indiana Jones .
McG, repped by WME and Management 360, just wrapped Fox’s This Means War starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day